The National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) will host a free webinar covering the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Each year, the state of California ranks in the top three nationally with the number of FAFSA applications processed and awarded. Thus far in 2011, there have been 2,220,110 applications awarded.
Please do not miss this opportunity to learn more about FAFSA, the process, and the application changes for 2012-13.
Date: Wednesday, December 7, 2011
Time: 2:00 p.m. EST/11:00 a.m. PST
Duration: 60 minutes
Target Audience: This Webinar is intended for school counselors, college admission professionals, students, families, and any other stakeholders seeking to learn more about the process of applying for federal student aid.
- What is the FAFSA?
- Steps to take before applying for federal student aid
- Strategies and deadlines in the application process
- Expectations after applying for federal student aid
- Review of frequently asked questions
- Overview of program and application changes for 2012-13
- Resources for counselors, students and families
Upon completion of this Webinar, participants will:
- Understand the nuts and bolts of completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Comprehend the process by which federal student aid is awarded
- Know what to expect after applying for federal student aid
- Have access to changes and updates to the 2012-13 FAFSA
Cindy Forbes Cameron, Federal Student Aid, United States Department of Education
Shamarli Kollock, Federal Student Aid, United States Department of Education
Unable to Attend?
All NACAC Webinars are recorded and available for download immediately after they air. If you register now, you will be sent the link to the live Webinar and the link for the recording. Cost: Free. Register now.
All attendees are encouraged to download the following documents prior to the webinar, as they will be referenced during the presentation
image source: collegetocareers.com