Rockwood’s FELLOWSHIP FOR CALIFORNIA LEADERS OF COLOR is a multi-session leadership program for nonprofit leaders of color committed to:
- Creating and sustaining compelling visions for their organizations
- Inspiring and aligning others to work effectively towards common goals
- Dealing more effectively with leadership and organizational challenges
- Engaging with a powerful learning community of leaders of color throughout the state.
Over the course of nine months, the Fellowship is designed to teach powerful visioning, listening, speaking, presentation, coaching, team-building and feedback skills to emerging and established leaders of color working in California’s social change organizations.
FELLOWSHIP PARTICIPANT CRITERIA
Rockwood’s optimal criteria for enrollment in the Fellowship include a cohort of leaders who:
- Are positioned in the state of California to help demonstrate new and better ways to lead and work together
- Demonstrate personal/professional readiness to learn new leadership skills – including coaching, feedback, communication, and personal sustainability.
- Manage and lead small to mid sized organizations (under $2 million budget)
- Interest in and ability to partner with organizations outside their region in California
- Are based in the following counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Fresno, Kern, Kings, Madera, Marin, Merced, Monterey, Napa, San Benito, San Francisco, San Joaquin, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, Sonoma, Stanislaus, and Tulare
With the support of the Community Leadership Project, Rockwood will cover the majority of fees and room and board costs. Each participant is asked to contribute $500 for their participation in the program.
The nomination phase for the 2011-2012 Fellowship for California Leaders of Color is now open. If you would like to nominate a leader, please email Vanessa Camarena-Arredondo at vanessaATrockwoodleadershipDOTorg. In your email, please include the name, organization, email address and a brief description of why you are nominating this person. The deadline for nomination submissions is May 5th at 5pm PST.
For more information, click HERE.
Image source: Rockwood website